How To Pay Income Tax In India? Easiest Ways To Pay Taxes, E-Payment Details
How To Pay Income Tax In India?
Paying taxes are viewed as time consuming and complicated assumed by mostly peoples and paying additional dues makes it more typical but the income tax department has set adequate measures to ensure that all dues can be paid quickly and hassles free. Do you know How to Pay Income Tax in India? Then we are displaying the Easiest Ways to Pay Taxes along with E-Payment Details at the below section.
The IT Department send the notice to the peoples those do not pay tax on time and the ensuring the people aware about their taxes is accountability of tax department and pay your taxes on time is your legal responsibility.
Most of the people think to pay advance tax on their income, so that tax liability is split up into portions and their reducing burden on their pay a lump sum in one go. There are many cases among them it may be possible that advance tax is lesser than the actual tax. Paying income tax on time is the legal duty of every earning citizen for the progress of his country.
Procedure To Pay Due Income Tax Online
Individually, who want to pay his income tax though online, the significant steps are mentioned here follows the simple steps and pays your tax without hassle.
- First of all log on the official website of the income tax department and navigate the e-payment section.
- After that select the Challan number 280 which is specifically to pay income tax.
- Fill all the essential details which are mandatory to completion of your form.
- Put your Permanent Account Number, assessment year, name, address, contact number and further details.
- There are two types of options present in front of you advance tax or tax on regular assessment.
- In case if you have received intimation to pay additional taxes, Individual should select regular assessment.
- Then hit on the bank via which you wish to pay.
- While selecting “proceed” tab, user will be reached to the online payment portal.
- After that fill the amount due and complete the payment.
- After completion your payment a receipt will be generated containing information about the tax paid.
Know About – Tax Benefits On Home Loan Interest
How To Pay Income Tax Offline In India
You have another option to pay tax offline here we mentioned simple steps so you can easily pay your tax;
- Individual can visit to the designated banks.
- Collect the challan number 280 from the income tax office.
- Fill your form with required details.
- You can pay your amount in cash form.
- You also complete your dues by cheque payments.
- Then submit your form with requisite amounts.
Things To Consider While Paying Dues
- While Paying dues, the imperative thing to enter the right (PAN) Permanent account number.
- After filling the form must verified to ensure there are no mistakes in your form.
- The due amount must be cross check to ensure no mistakes creep in it.
- User must safe the receipt for future sake.
Income Tax Slab For 2016-17
|Income Slab||Tax Rate|
|Rs 2,50,000 – Rs 5,00,000||10%|
|Rs 5,00,000 – 10,00,000||20%|
|Surcharge: 12% domestic and corporative societies where total income exceeds Rs.1 crore and 15% for individually, HUF & Firms|
Income tax is the amount of your income that you must pay to government for infrastructural development of your country. It is the direct means of taxation like as capital gains tax, securities transaction tax. We also pay many other indirect taxes like sales tax, VAT, Octroi, service tax, etc.